Para ver esta información en español haga clic aquí
What is Supervised Visitation?
Supervised visitation allows non-custodial parents and their children to visit together in a safe, secure environment. Toys, games, snacks, and art supplies for kids of all ages are provided. There is a trained visit monitor in each visit who ensures safety and provides support to the visiting parent to help improve the quality of the visit. Custodial and non-custodial parents do not have contact with each other at any point while using this service.
Why use Supervised Visitation?
- Children maintain a relationship with both parents during family transitions.
- Children can look forward to visits without stress or worry.
- Visit monitors maintain physical and emotional safety and prevent inappropriate conversations which place children in the middle.
- Parents have no communication with each other while using the service; the Family Visitation Program makes all visit arrangements. Parents work with FVP instead of the other parent to arrange visits.
- Non-custodial parents maintain a relationship with their child when they may not otherwise be able to see them.
- Objective, neutral notes are taken during each visit.