referring professionalThe Family Visitation Program accepts referrals from the Department of Social Services, Family Court, Family Law Attorneys, therapists, and families themselves. Prospective clients must have a written agreement in order to use FVP.   This written agreement can be a court order, a DSS referral, a mediation agreement, or an information written agreement between the two parents/guardians.

Para ver esta información en español haga clic aquí.

For Court Personnel, Judges, and Attorneys

For DSS Caseworkers in Buncombe, Henderson, and surrounding counties:

If you are interested in referring a family to Supervised Visitation or Safe Exchange services, please first review our DSS Referral Procedure.  Please note that while we are able to serve families with kinship placements, we do not handle foster care cases.

If after reviewing this document you feel that your case is a fit for our services please download, fill out, and email the Referral Form to our Client Services Coordinator at

You can also call the Family Visitation Program Client Services Coordinator with questions. 828-251-6089. Buncombe County extension x420. Henderson County extension x106.