Trainings/Workshops Customized for Your Group
We’ll come to you!
Thank you for considering a conflict resolution skills workshop with the Mediation Center. Over the years, we have trained thousands of community members in conflict resolution skills they can apply in their workplace or organization. We look forward to working with you to provide training that will meet the unique needs of your groups.
Below is a list of our most-requested workshops. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please get in touch. We are happy to customize a workshop for your group.
To help you decide if the Mediation Center’s training programs are right for your group, we provide a 30 minute phone consultation at no cost. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a consultation.
Conflict Response Basics
Before the day of the workshop, we’ll learn more about your team your values, and the types of conflict you encounter. This workshop will be customized to help your team explore common conflicts in your organization and develop concrete skills to approach those conflicts in a way that is in line with your organization’s values. Providing conflict resolution skills training to your team can relieve pressure on supervisors, lead to happier clients, and help your organization move thorough tough spots without compromising your values.
Conflict Resolution for Managers and Leaders
The workplace is a natural venue for interpersonal conflict. When conflicts are handled productively, organizations have the opportunity to develop their employees and build a stronger team. Participants will learn skills they can use now to positively handle conflict between peers, staff, volunteers, and clients. Participants will leave the workshop ready to create an environment where conflict creates opportunities for positive growth and doesn’t get in the way of your goals. We will work with you to customize the training to relate to the unique needs and environment of your team.
Be the Calm in the Storm: Managing Conflict with Compassion and Confidence
Social workers, therapists, and other human services professionals encounter conflict on a daily basis, which can create discomfort both personally and professionally. Effective conflict resolution is grounded in empowerment, self-determination, non-judgment, and social justice. When conflict is managed effectively, human service providers create opportunities for hope, healing, and stronger relationships.
Rates and logistics:
- Depending on the size of your group and the location of your workshop, rates are:
- $500 to $750 for a half day (up to 3.5 hours, excluding breaks)
- $950 to $1650 for a full day (up to 7 hours, excluding breaks)
- A discount of 15% is offered to 501(c)3 small community benefit nonprofits in WNC with a budget under $2 million. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Costs include the appropriate number of trainers/facilitators as well as training materials
- Meals/snacks are not included. Please get in touch if you’d like us to arrange catering.
- We may be able to host your group at our downtown Asheville office. Please get in touch if you’d like us to provide space for the training.
- Travel costs are included within Buncombe, Henderson, and Transylvania Counties
- A 30% deposit may be required to hold your date.
- The balance is due within 30 days of your training.